Technical Officer – Metro Ethernet Network Operations
- Troubleshoot network faults and neutralize service outages within defined SLAs.
- Provide 2nd Level technical support to NOC, TAC, Provisioning and regional support teams to maintain the network availability and quality of service.
- Take part of the 24×7 on-call support team and provide 24×7 remote or onsite technical support.
- Analyse and Identify the service impact of planned maintenance activities.
- Carryout routine network maintenance activities, traffic transfers, software upgrades etc.
- Visit remote sites for routine network maintenance activities, depending on the requirement.
- Routinely monitor network management systems and proactively take actions to avoid major quality issues and outages.
- Configure network nodes to activate new services (L2/L3 Ethernet VPN services, TDMoIP etc.).
- Maintain up to date network diagrams to reflect frequent topology changes.
- Maintain network monitoring systems up to date with the routine network changes.
- Prepare period reports based on statistics collected from network management systems.
- Escalate network issues timely to Dialog management and vendors.
- Ensure all racks, nodes and cables are properly installed, labelled and maintained according to the defined standards.
- Maintain physical location records of all IP network nodes installed in the Dialog main data centres.
- Carry out routine site visits to Dialog data centres and remote sites to inspect environment condition of the site.
- NVQ level 5/IVQ level 5 qualification is compulsory
- HNDE/NDT/NDES/Diploma in Technology (OUSL)/Advanced Diploma in Telecommunications Technology/Advanced Diploma in Constructive Technology/National Diploma in Engineering Technology etc
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently
- Motivation to learn new skills and technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience in configuring troubleshooting IP MPLS, ISIS, BGP and Layer 2 and Layer 3 MPLS VPNs.
Dialog Axiata PLC | Closing Date: 03/11/2022