Riggers (Male aplicants only)
- Ability to climb and work safely at heights.
- Working at heights on a range of telecommunication structures including poles and towers.
- Capable to attend tower maintenance and rectification works with superior directions.
- Installation, relocation and removal of tower mounted cables, equipment.
- Aircraft warning lamps and earthing system.
- Carry out cable repairs including splicing and termination.
- Assist in the testing of cables for the purpose of fault finding and rectification.
- Prepare, maintain and ability to use of rigging equipment and tools such as Gin pole, pulleys, beams, bolts, clamps, etc.
- Comply with health, safety and environmental procedures at all time.
- The ability to repair electronic equipment is an added qualification.
- 06 passes at the G.C.E. (O/L) exam including Sinhala/ Tamil and English Language and Mathematics and 03 credit passes in one sitting.
- Should have obtained Skilled Competence Certificate –NAITA in the relevant field equivalent to NVQ Level 4 (Telecommunication / Electrical / Power / Air Conditioning etc).
- Registration at Engineering Council, Sri Lanka as an “Engineering Technician”.
- Possess a valid driving license to drive minimum “B” vehicle class motor vehicles.
Method of Application
Application should be sent via online. Visit careers.slt.lk and complete the online application on your own, submit with curriculum vitae including a recent photograph together with scan copies of birth, educational and other relevant certificates before 01st April 2022.
Applications without supporting documents will not be entertained and applications sent by post will not be accepted.
Application attachments file size should not exceed 15 MB.
Sri Lanka Telecom PLC is an equal opportunity employer and any type of canvassing will be a disqualification.
Chief People Officer
Sri Lanka Telecom PLC
Sri Lanka Mobitel | Posted on: 04/01/2022