SriLankan Airlines Ltd (SLA), the national carrier of Sri Lanka operates with a network of destinations throughout Asia, the Middle East, Europe and Australia. The airlines has a strong presence in Maldives and Southern India. SriLankan is a member of the ‘oneworld’ alliance.
Independently handle Audit & Assurance engagements in order to evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the SriLankan Catering’s system of internal controls, risk management and governance process and quality of performance by establishing a systematic approach.
- Independently carry out Audit & Assurance engagements in consultation with the Assurance & Advisory Services Executive/ Manager SriLankan Catering to ensure that work is carried out according to the plan within the scheduled time.
- Assist in carrying out risk analysis for work process and prepare engagement programmes to achieve the desired audit objectives.
- Maintain working papers relating to the engagements and document sufficient and appropriate audit evidence in accordance to internal audit standards.
- Liaise with the relevant staff in other departments to obtain information, clarify the audit queries /findings/ observations.
- Communicate progress of the engagement to Assurance & Advisory Services Executive / Manager Sri Lankan Catering on a regular basis and the results of the engagement by way of a draft report.
- Carry out any other special assignments and administrative work as assigned by superiors in order to support and contribute towards achieving divisional initiatives and priorities.
- Assist in carrying out follow-up reviews on the agreed action items to ensure timely completion.
6 passes at GCE Ordinary Level (O/L) with 4 Credits including Mathematics in one sitting and a Credit for English and Completion of stage 1 of Chartered Accountants of SriLanka or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants or equivalent to a full academic qualification with 3 years of relevant work (audit and/or assurance) experience.
- Work Experience in an Audit Firm would be an added advantage.
- Good analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Proficiency in computer skills
Upper age limit : 30 years as at 15th September 2023 which is the closing date.
Influencing will be a reflection of unsuitability.
We are an equal opportunity Organization.
Employment will be offered on fixed term contract.
Please note that we will correspond with you within a month of closing the advertisement in the event your application is shortlisted for consideration.
Closing Date: 2023/09/15