Hayleys Group is amongst Sri Lanka’s largest, and most respected diversified conglomerates with a turnover in excess of USD 1 Billion. To explore the World of Hayleys, please visit us at: www.hayleys.com.
Alumex PLC, a subsidiary of Hayleys PLC, is a fully integrated manufacturer of Aluminum profiles in Sri Lanka since 1988, situated at Lindel Industrial Estate, at Sapugaskanda, Makola. Alumex develops and manufactures Aluminum extrusions for an extensive range of applications. Alumex enjoys clear market leadership based on its superior range of products unmatched by the competition. It is a licensed manufacturer of Aluminum Profiles for Global brands and is ISO 9001: 2015 and SLSI certified. Alumex is a fast-growing business corporate in the construction industry in Sri Lanka and is planning to expand its operations in the South Asian Region whilst increasing its export market volumes. Applications are called from suitable candidates to fill the following vacancy at our manufacturing facility at Sapugaskanda, Makola.
Executive – Die Manufacturing
Job Summary: Responsible for the design, build, repair, and development of new and existing dies and tooling in Extrusion, and maintenance support projects. Responsible for developing and designing new dies and components or redesigning existing ones to improve the organization’s product Quality. Also completes reverse engineering activities as needed.
The main job functions of this position will include:
- Design and draw from verbal, print, and written instructions in (Auto Cad, Solid Works, Solid CAM), extrusion tooling with specific dimension
- Design and develop FEA models to visualize the material flow through the extrusion die and optimization of aluminum flow, Visualization of thermo-mechanical behaviors, and optimization.
- Plan, layout, and perform all design, programming, bench, and machine operations to construct, alter and repair intricately designed and constructed tools, dies, fixtures, jigs, gauges, and machine attachment.
- Develop new tools and make decisions to reduce tooling development time, machining time, and meet or exceed customer deadlines.
- Ensure that all existing dies, production tooling, and dedicated equipment are adequately maintained and in good working order. We seek a dedicated, result-oriented young individual with good design ability, communication skills, and sound personal attributes for the aforementioned position.
The suitable candidate should possess:
- BSc. Engineering in Mechanical, Production, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering from a recognized University.
- 01-02 Years’ experience in a similar capacity with exposure in manufacturing operations in a similar industry
- Sound designing ability in SolidWorks/Solid Cam.
- Have good verbal and written Sinhala & English language proficiency with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Proficiency in MS Office packages and working knowledge of the ERP environment.
- Be able to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines and a change-focused mindset.
The remuneration package for the above position is very competitive and the rewards are performance-driven. If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this challenging role, please click on Apply Now or please apply within 7 days of this publication by email to [email protected] or by post to Group Manager – HR and Admin, Alumex PLC, Pattiwila Road, Sapugaskanda, Makola indicating the position applied for on the subject line of the email or on the top left corner of the envelope. Influencing will not have any bearing on the selection process, which is merit-based. Hayleys is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alumex PLC | Closing Date: 03/31/2022