SENIOR PATTERN TECHNOLOGIST (BIYAGAMA)
Strategy, project management and technology implementation
- Initiate and drive ideation & implementation in relevant processes via innovative solutioning for integration of product, process, and technology by collaborating with SBUs, software providers and relevant external parties.
- Ensure seamless transition of solutions maintaining a strong internal value chain to drive appropriate technology adoption by providing effective feedback on feasibility and safety through solution testing and trialing.
- Provide project management support for key projects and track the successful execution against the set timelines and provide updates on deviations to the management teams for effective decision making.
2D/3D Pattern Development
- Develop 2D/3D pattern blocks and make adjustments to ensure that the simulations accurately represent the design and fit of the garment.
- Use specialized software to create 3D simulations of garments.
- Ensure proper communication with designers and developers to ensure design & fit requirements are met.
- Verify pattern accuracy against samples ensuring technical issues are resolved.
Garment Fit Analysis
- Ensure customer comments are accurately incorporated into relevant iterations to meet fit related requirements.
- Ensure samples are graded according to the customer specifications.
- Work with designers & developers to ensure samples meet the required standards at dispatch to customer along with proper documentation.
- Participate in fit sessions to conduct fit tests in line with fit protocols.
Technical and Manufacturing support
- Facilitate development process by providing accurate patterns and other relevant documents.
- Contribute to factory engagement points by providing accurate product information and timely completion of any resulting actions.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders pertaining to tech pack preparation via robust coordination and timely sharing of information and documents.
Pattern optimization for Manufacturing Efficiency
- Collaborate with Production team to ensure patterns/simulations are optimized with rapid iteration for manufacturing efficiency and reduced wastage.
- Identify improvement opportunities within the pattern development process end to end (development to manufacturing).
People and Planet
- Drive sustainability initiatives where applicable across the value stream to improve overall carbon footprint, energy & water consumption, renewable energy consumption % and stock write-offs.
- Undertake required trainings and coaching to elevate the technical knowledge and capability of the team.
Digital Lean Culture
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in 3D simulation technology.
- Ownership of completeness and accuracy of data generated under processes within purview and ensure the Live value stream is up to date based on improvements and new developments.
- Establish a clear mechanism for real time problem solving and documentation of improvement and ensure communication of same.
Safety, Compliance & Risk Management
- Ensure that the social compliance, environment, safety, and health standards of the organization are adhered to, while actively contributing towards promoting a culture of safety and environmental consciousness within and outside the organization.
- Ensure compliance with the defined governance framework including upholding the MAS DNA, following, group/company polices procedures, best practices (where the group/company policies and procedures are not defined), relevant laws regulations and undertake every necessary action to comply with the governance framework.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelors in Textile & Clothing, Fashion design, Pattern Making or related field.
- Proficiency in 3D simulation would be a significant advantage.
- Deep understanding of garment construction, fit and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
Leadership skills and digital first mindset.
Closing Date: 2023/11/18