- Coordinate with principals, service providers from the time of picking up of cargo until delivery.
- Attend to all customer enquiries in a timely manner and ensure all complaints are addressed and resolved.
- Build positive relationships with customers and principal offices.
- Update status of shipments in relevant systems regularly and furnish shipment status reports to customers.
- Perform additional duties commensurate with the role as and when required
- Closely liaise with key personnel handling Feeder/Liner/Agents, commercial activities for reservation of space and pricing.
- Maintain all correspondence in an orderly manner.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE / TRAINING / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR POSITION
- 6 Credit passes at the GCE O/L examination including Mathematics and English
- A minimum of 3 passes at the GCE A/L examination
- 1 year experience in customer service or Sales & Marketing in shipping industry
- Good communication skills with fluency in English and Sinhala
- Computer literacy with MS Office is vital
- Positive attitude, ability to work under pressure, good inter-personal skills and ability to work towards targets and work long hours when required
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this challenging role, please click Apply Now.
Hayleys is an Equal Opportunity Employer.