Our business built over 150 years touches nearly every major sector of the economy. We generate a significant quantum of data and we intend to use it to build the future of our businesses. Our Digital and Analytics insights canpositively disrupt life for all Sri Lankans and our commitment to passion and excellence will help to deliver superior value to customers, our people and the community.
Octave will be the cornerstone of our data driven strategic and operational decisions!
Team Octave will solve JKH’s most intractable problems across industry verticals by building pipelines using Python and Azure data factory to work on one of the country’s richest data lakes, building and implementing complex machine learning algorithms which will impact millions of Sri Lankans.
We are looking for driven and enthusiastic analytics practitioners for our Data and Advanced Analytics Centre of Excellence- Octave.
Solutions Architect – Data will lead the development of high performance & high scalability enterprise applications using cloud platforms across SaaS and PaaS. They will working with the tech lead to oversee the data engineering team. In this role, they would oversee numerous use cases at a time, offering expertise and debottlenecking any issues. Their role would also involve diagnosis of existing architecture and data maturity and help the organization in identifying gaps and possible solutions. They will also lead work with senior data scientists and business leadership to develop data pipelines for model development and productionalization. This person will be the key point of contact on data engineering teams.
- Operates under the Principle Data Engineer to lead the data engineering team
- Leads data engineering efforts on multiple projects and de-bottlenecks data engineering issues as they arise
- Is able to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non technical audience
- Lead exploration of suitable options, design, and creation of data pipelines (data lake / data warehouses) for specific analytical solutions
- Align with tech lead, analytics lead, and senior data scientists to develop realistic project timelines
- Identify gaps and lead implementation of solutions for data security, quality and automation of processes
- Work with the tech lead to develop a long-term data management strategy
- Build and manage cloud data services
Desired Skills / Competencies
Education + Technical skills / experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
- Expertise in SQL, PL/SQL or T-SQL with RDBMSs like Teradata, MS SQL Server, Oracle in production environments along with expertise in Python
- Real-world experience in using Microsoft Azure or other leading cloud platforms
- Expertise with maintaining and configuring data engineering and ETL tools (e.g., Informatica, Azure Data Factory, SSIS), experience in data warehouses
- Strong expertise with data tools such as Hive, Spark, Hadoop, or Presto
- 6 – 8+ years of experience of excelling on a data management team
- Demonstrated ability to lead small teams
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex analytical and technical content
Mindset & Behavior
- High energy and passionate individual who is a role model to her/his teammates
- Excited about trying new solutions outside standard approved
- Willing to adopt an iterative approach; experimental mindset to drive innovation
Closing Date: 2023/11/24