Senior Business Intelligence Engineer – OCTAVE : Data and Advanced Analytics
Our business built over 150 years touches nearly every major sector of the economy. We generate a significant quantum of data and we intend to use it to build the future of our businesses. Our Digital and Analytics insights canpositively disrupt life for all Sri Lankans and our commitment to passion and excellence will help to deliver superior value to customers, our people and the community.
Octave will be the cornerstone of our data driven strategic and operational decisions!
Team Octave will solve JKH’s most intractable problems across industry verticals by building pipelines using Python and Azure data factory to work on one of the country’s richest data lakes, building and implementing complex machine learning algorithms which will impact millions of Sri Lankans.
▪ Capture and document end-user requirements on BI reporting and visualization/dashboards from BU’s and data science team
▪ Design and build visualizations/dashboards based on various BI reporting requirements
▪ Promote good report development practices within the team, whilst optimizing designs for usability, performance, flexibility, and testability.
▪ Function as a thought-leader/change agent for the use of visualization across the programme.
▪ Design and build dashboards and other visualizations using data visualization tools like PowerBI
▪ Collaborate with Business stakeholders to understand data, reports, metrics, and dashboard requirements and deliver solutions in an effective manner and in alignment with BI Strategy and roadmap
▪ Perform data-cleansing, processing, and validation of data, in collaboration with data scientists and data engineers.
▪ Lead, manage and help build a team of top-talent, data visualization specialists.
▪ Provide ongoing technical assistance to team, with hands-on support as required.
▪ Build a culture of ongoing innovation within the wider team, from enhancing creative output to new tools and ways of working. Keep abreast of latest trends and research.
▪ Conduct workshops and trainings as required to upskill immediate and wider teams on leveraging visualization tools to drive analytics.
▪ 4-6 years of experience in designing and developing dashboards, data visualizations, and self-service data tools to make complex data more accessible, understandable, and usable to drive business decisions and outcomes.
▪ Education: University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related fields with an excellent academic record
Skills & Competencies required
– Expertise in at least two data visualization tools, including Power BI.
– Strong SQL skills, experience working with large datasets, and exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Strong presentation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Prior experience managing a team of data visualization specialists, infographic designers, and/or developers
– Experience working with cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, Google, etc.
– Ability to convey information in a way that users can easily digest through good foundational knowledge of user-centered design, layout, color, typography, and iconography and clear understanding of content hierarchy.
Closing Date: 2023/11/24