Principal Data Scientist – Octave: Data and Advanced Analytics Centre of Excellence
Our business built over 150 years touches nearly every major sector of the economy. We generate a significant quantum of data and we intend to use it to build the future of our businesses. Our Digital and Analytics insights canpositively disrupt life for all Sri Lankans and our commitment to passion and excellence will help to deliver superior value to customers, our people and the community.
Octave will be the cornerstone of our data driven strategic and operational decisions!
Team Octave will solve JKH’s most intractable problems across industry verticals by building pipelines using Python and Azure data factory to work on one of the country’s richest data lakes, building and implementing complex machine learning algorithms which will impact millions of Sri Lankans.
We are looking for driven and enthusiastic analytics practitioners for our Data and Advanced Analytics Centre of Excellence- Octave.
The Principal Data Scientist will use both management experience and data science expertise to lead teams of data scientists across multiple analytics projects. This person will be an integral part of conceptualizing, scoping and delivering complex analytics projects. They will oversee the development, testing and maintenance of analytical models which mimic business decisions. This person will work closely with the Octave leadership and business units in delivering impact through analytics. Additionally, this person will be responsible for continuously identifying opportunities to improve the ways of working and structuring within the analytics center of excellence.
- Define and manage analytics strategy across multiple businesses
- Provides analytical expertise in the process of model development, refining and implementation in a variety of analytics problems spread across a variety of domains
- Oversees large teams of associate and mid level data scientists, de-bottlenecking issues related to project execution
- Work closely with translators and business teams to develop and implement analytics solutions
- Collaborate with data engineers & architects to implement and deploy scalable solutions
- Communicate results to diverse technical and non technical audiences
- Actively drive a culture of knowledge building and sharing within the team. Encourage continuous innovation and out of the box thinking.
Desired Skills / Competencies
Education + Technical skills / experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Operations Research, Economics or a related field
- Experience in programming in at least 2 languages
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge of working with advanced statistical algorithms, including machine learning techniques
- At least 10 years of experience of working in analytics
- At least 4 years of experience managing analytics teams. Experience in developing teams from scratch a plus.
- Strong business understanding. Worked in developing analytics solutions in 3-4 domains
- Ability to lead teams in agile environments, with multiple stakeholders involved
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical content to non-technical audience
- Successful track record of structuring and leading complex analytics projects
Mindset & Behavior
- Proactive and passionate about resolving pain points through great design
- Sees value in iterative approach to model development
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to build consensus
- Believes in culture of transparency and trust
Closing Date: 2023/11/24