Analytics Delivery Associate – Octave: Data and Advanced Analytics Centre of Excellence
John Keells Holdings PLC (JKH) is Sri Lanka’s largest listed conglomerate in the Colombo Stock Exchange. From managing hotels and resorts in Sri Lanka and the Maldives to providing port, marine fuel and logistics services to IT solutions, manufacturing of food and beverages to running a chain of supermarkets, tea broking to stock broking, life insurance and banking to real estate, we have made our presence felt in virtually every major sphere of the economy.
Our business built over 150 years touches nearly every major sector of the economy. We generate a significant quantum of data and we intend to use it to build the future of our businesses. Our Digital and Analytics insights canpositively disrupt life for all Sri Lankans and our commitment to passion and excellence will help to deliver superior value to customers, our people and the community.
Octave will be the cornerstone of our data driven strategic and operational decisions!
Team Octave will solve JKH’s most intractable problems across industry verticals by building pipelines using Python and Azure data factory to work on one of the country’s richest data lakes, building and implementing complex machine learning algorithms which will impact millions of Sri Lankans.
- Support delivery of analytical projects partnering with business IT and analytics teams
- Build working relationships with project stakeholders
- Execute project schedules, coordinate project status meetings
- Contribute to the development of presentations, analysis and findings to business teams and leadership to drive action
- Provide inputs to build presentations for business teams
- Identify strengths and opportunities in self
Ideal candidate should;
- Up to 4 years of experience in associate managerial or management trainee roles, preferably with exposure to analytics or technology
- Bachelors qualifications in a quantitative field (business, math, economics, finance, statistics, science, engineering); post-graduate qualifications are a plus
- Strong team playing skills in cross functional setting
- Basic project management skills to contribute across multiple ‘agile’ projects
- Good natural problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to execute pilot project deployments
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers and business stakeholders
- Basic understanding of business context and value chain
- Basic knowledge of at least 1 business vertical (Retail, Insurance, Beverages, Hotels and Technology) is highly desirable
- Ability to rapidly gain exposure to 1-2 functional areas (operations, finance etc.) of a business
- Ability to adhere and deliver to high quality standards
- Analytical skills to conduct basic data analysis
- Passionate about analytics with strong willingness to get upskilled in analytics methods and technologies
- Prior exposure with analytics or technology is highly desirable
Closing Date: 2023/11/24