John Keells Information Technology (Pvt) Ltd (JKIT) is the consulting and professional IT services arm of John Keells Holdings PLC, Sri Lanka’s largest listed conglomerate. JKIT focuses on Strategy, Consulting, Digital, Technology and Operations to large multinational companies’ worldwide. JKIT has delivered many award-winning solutions to some of the biggest names in Europe, Middle East, and Asia.
We invite applications from suitably qualified individuals for the post of Solutions Specialist. The selected candidate would be responsible for driving Azure-based customer initiatives by collaborating with customers whilst participating in both pre-sales and post-sales efforts.
The selected candidate will report to the Principal Consultant – Cloud Solutions and Services.
The Solutions Specialist will be responsible for:
- Providing a technical outlook during interactions with customers, and being an advocate to the Sales Team whilst creating awareness on new solutions that can be marketed in the Middle Eastern region
- The Azure technical customer engagement including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects, proofs of concept, and deployment
- Design implementation and support of distributed applications designed to run in the cloud or across hybrid cloud and on-premises environments
- Attending meetings with Business Development Managers and acting as a Technical Architect
- Providing commercial training and Microsoft Technical support for customers in the Middle East and North Africa
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A computer science or related engineering degree with 5-8 years of experience designing and delivering cloud solutions on an enterprise scale
- 5+ years’ experience creating pilots, prototypes, and proofs-of-concept
- 4 – 6 years of experience providing cloud solutions including hybrid solutions on-premises or in the cloud, lift and shift initiatives, migrations, and upgrades, prior work experience in a consulting or architecture position within a software and services company is a necessity
- An understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, cloud virtualization, storage, networking, cloud governance technologies, common database technologies such as SQL Database and Server, Oracle, and MySQL
- Technical experience in enterprise mobile, identity and access control, and security solutions
- A working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management
- An understanding of modern DevOps practices including automation, continuous delivery, continuous deployment, continuous integration methodologies, cloud-based Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery practices
- Certifications in Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert or GCP Professional Cloud Architect or AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Certifications in MCSA Linux on Azure or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), SLES engineer, or SLES Specialist for SAP or HA, MCSE Windows Server 2016 or MCSE: Core Infrastructure
- Certifications in Kubernetes, DevOps, Terraform, and Ansible
If you’re up for the challenge, please send your resume to [email protected] or contact our Recruiter at 0719631470. Please state the position you’re interested, in the subject line of your email.
John Keells Information Technology (PVT)