This is a dual role offered under the Business Analyst career path with majority focus on Data Analysis.
The Senior Data Analyst will play an integral role in the ongoing application & data analysis, design, requirements, management, governance, enhancements, and maintenance of the data platform which will span a broad range of data and functionality. The selected individual works towards enhancing the quality of the dataset to generate meaningful insights by understanding client needs, leveraging on his/her technical and financial market expertise.
While constantly driving innovation and working on complex technical and business challenges every day, this team member will provide subject matter expertise and analysis, work closely with business users, product managers, data engineers, software engineers and other team members to understand business requirements, profile and map data, and help the team to develop quality technical solutions that are aligned with the business and technology strategies while ensuring compliance with the organization’s data management standards.
The selected individual is expected to have strong knowledge on both domain and product and be up-to-date insights to industry and technology trends. Expected to be self-motivated individuals requiring minimal or no supervision. Should cultivate collaboration within teams to provide required support to meet project deliverables and business goals.
- Profile, examine, map datasets, and provide analysis on identified patterns, consistency, data quality, trends and risks.
- Identify, map, update attributes and develop business validation and data quality rules as necessary to reflect the latest state of vendor data feeds.
- Analyse large datasets to uncover meaningful insights and provide recommendations to business and technology stakeholders.
- Understand use cases for data integration, data mapping to a common data model, data quality, user interfaces, business intelligence dashboards, reports and analytics.
- Initiate, oversee, direct and/or coordinates complex data analysis projects, for single or multiple workstreams.
- Ensure quality and integrity of data by identifying discrepancies and working towards resolving issues with support teams.
- Understand factors that are affecting the quality of data and consult/provide guidance on data analysis to members of product and data operations teams.
- Provide in-depth analysis, meaningful insights and concisely deliver main takeaways both in verbal and written form to business and technology stakeholders through data visualisation dashboards, reports, and presentations.
- Be the business/domain owner of the scrum team to develop software application solutions for identified business problems.
- Conduct requirement elicitation or Change Requests (CR) to ensure the business need is correctly captured in the proposed solution. Document and capture data attribute definitions, data mappings, business validation rules and data quality rules.
- Analyze the product/solution impact and build acceptance criteria of CRs together with the team. Review test cases and verify the test coverage.
- Facilitate functional refinement with the development team members to ensure implementation details are well defined.
- Maintain a well-defined and prioritized product/solution backlog with consistent refinement based on insights derived from data, client input and validated ROI.
- Conduct complete product demonstrations and end-user training sessions for existing customers.
- Co-ordinate with product owners to track cross-team dependencies.
- Seek continuous improvements to sprint cycles, documentation standards and requirements traceability.
- Assess the repeatability of solutions provided for client requirements. Work with product management team to identify productization approaches for CRs that would benefit multiple solutions.
- Strive to produce quality work with minimum supervision
- Self-learning, curiosity on business and technology
- Ability to work with a diverse set of individuals
- Contribute to the learning/knowledge culture by sharing knowledge related to domain, regulation and technology with the team
- Coach, mentor and onboard new joiners to the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Analytics, Financial Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Business Analytics/Intelligence, Data Analytics or a similar role working on large scale data integration projects such as data warehousing/data lakes.
- Hands on experience in SQL, Python and data visualisation techniques and tools.
- Experience as a business analyst/product owner in software development domain is preferred.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate stakeholders at a variety of levels.
- Very strong communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Experience and knowledge of SAP Hana, Hana Analytics Tools is a plus.
- Completed CSPO and CISI L1 or equivalent.
- CIMA, CFA, CISI or any other qualification related to capital markets will be an added advantage.
- Exposure to business intelligence/analytics will be an added advantage.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise – and our purpose. You’ll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
London Stock Exchange Group | Closing Date: Apply Now