QA Analyst (Data) – Shared Technology – Data Services
Data Services for Shared Technology team provides data services for the D&A business. The team is comprised of Data Management, which includes Product Engineering teams, Solution Architects and Quality Assurance team. The team works as a collective to design and build valuable data services for Data and Analytics business.The team is responsible for providing an AWS cloud-based products and On-perm. The content onboarding, Cross Content Cell, Meta Data store, Publishing API, Content Distribution Framework (CDF), Cloud Native, OCS, DAAPI, API Gateways and integrated with Distribution Gateways, Enterprise solutions and Content transformation verticals to support IDPS Platforms.
QA Analyst will be part of Quality Engineering team and will be engaged and managing QA/Testing projects which has adopted an Agile approach to deliver multiple projects which drive the growth of the product. In Data services we are strengthening our testing and quality engineering capabilities and you will be responsible in driving automated Functional, Regression and System Integration Testing initiatives which ensure we delight our customers with all that we deliver. People are key to achieving this, so working with your team on their professional development will be an important part of your role.
The candidate must come from a strong test/QA engineering background, working within product engineering teams Data Management, Content onboarding and Distribution, Business and Operations to deliver large-scale product solutions within the Banking/Financial services sector. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of the whole system development and test lifecycle, focusing on test design, test planning, test frameworks and coordinating large scale testing projects within wider cross programme demands and commitments. This role should include working with Development, Business Analysis, Architects, Product Owners, TDMs and other Business stakeholders to manage and deliver products/projects to meet LSEG Quality standards across all the projects’ role out to Production.
The successful candidate will have an excellent QA and analytics skills with experience of a variety of test design techniques, technologies and have business domain expertise on data platforms and experience of delivery in complex fast-moving environments. Excellent communication skills will be vital in this role.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- To work within the LSEG Shared Technology Data Services team and be responsible for functional, non-functional, regression and end-to-end certification of Data Services.
- Work with Technology Delivery Management, Product Engineering, Development, Testing, Support, Project Management, Operational Support and Business stakeholders to understand functional and non-functional requirements, agree on acceptance criteria, plan, design and develop test scenarios.
- Create, maintain and update automated test scripts based on the test cases.
- Execute and report results of automated and manual tests.
- Troubleshoot issues in automated test scripts.
- Report issues and anomalies in the system in the issue tracking system
- Communicate any unforeseen issues that’s affecting own work to leads on time
- Provide daily, weekly status updates to leads and managers
- Assist QA Leads to create test plans and improvements to test process
- Proven test engineering capability with test scripting in Java or Python experience preferred
- Good understanding of agile processes, participate in backlog grooming sessions and daily sprint
- Support and assist the Quality Assurance and Testing Manager and Test Lead in the management of quality and test assurance activities across all the product teams and contracted support partners
- 2+ years’ hands-on experience in Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- 1+ years’ hands-on experience in data services and cloud-based applications testing is a significant advantage.
- Experience in test management tools such as JIRA, Zephyr, Confluence, TestRail
- Good proficiency in SQL and data manipulations
- Experience in designing and writing test automation scripts including use of one or more tools; JUnit, Java Script, Python or any other open-source tools is highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills in verbal and written English
- ISEB / ISTQB foundation or above certification is a plus
- Good understanding in Data warehousing, Data Migration, and ETL concepts with hands-on experience in ETL testing is a plus
- Experience in working with AWS cloud services such as S3, Snowflake, amazon RDS, EC2 is a plus
- Experience in Python data science related libraries such as Pandas, Datacompy, etc. is a plus
- Experience in data visualization techniques and tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, etc. is a plus
- A good relevant degree is desirable, but experience and the right approach to work are just as important.
- ISEB/ISTQB Certified is a plus
- Strong communication skills and good interpersonal relationship skills and strong team player.
- Being able to develop and contribute to the design of solutions.
- Being actively involved in all planning sessions and aiding task breakdown and estimation.
London Stock Exchange Group | Closing Date: Apply Now