Data Analyst / Product Owner
This is a dual role offered under the Business Analyst career path with majority focus on Data Analysis.
The Data Analyst will play an integral role in the ongoing application & data analysis, requirements management, and maintenance of the data platform which will span a broad range of data and functionality. The selected individual works towards enhancing the quality of the dataset to generate meaningful insights by understanding client needs, leveraging on his/her technical expertise.
While constantly driving innovation and working on complex technical and business challenges every day, this team member will provide subject matter expertise and analysis, work closely with business users, product managers, data engineers, software engineers and other team members to understand business requirements, profile and map data, and help the team to develop quality technical solutions that are aligned with the business and technology strategies while ensuring compliance with the organization’s data management standards.
In addition to the Data Analyst role, the selected individual will work in a scrum team, playing the role of a business analyst/product owner being the subject matter expert for the team. She/he will analyse requirements, maintain a prioritised backlog and work with the engineering team to meet the project delivery objectives.
The selected candidate is expected to be self-motivated individuals requiring minimal or no supervision.
- Profile, examine, map datasets, and provide analysis on identified patterns, consistency, data quality, trends and risks.
- Identify, map, update attributes and develop business validation and data quality rules as necessary to reflect the latest state of vendor data feeds.
- Analyse large datasets to uncover meaningful insights and provide recommendations to business and technology stakeholders.
- Understand use cases for data integration, data mapping to a common data model, data quality, user interfaces, business intelligence dashboards, reports and analytics.
- Initiate, oversee, direct and/or coordinates data analysis projects for single workstream.
- Ensure quality and integrity of data by identifying discrepancies and working towards resolving issues with support teams.
- Provide in-depth analysis and support to deliver meaningful insights to business and technology stakeholders through data visualisation dashboards, reports, and presentations.
- Be the business/domain owner of the scrum team to develop software application solutions for identified business problems.
- Conduct requirement elicitation or Change Requests (CR) to ensure the business need is correctly capture in the proposed solution
- Analyze the product/solution impact and build acceptance criteria of CRs together with the team. Review test cases and verify the test coverage.
- Facilitate functional refinement with the development team members to ensure implementation details are well defined
- Maintain backlog visibility and refinement rhythm to ensure stories earmarked for the next immediate 2 sprints are in ‘ready-to-develop’ state
- Adherence to documentation templates/structures and maintaining the correct level of detail for epic/story level requirements
- Maintain/evaluate traceability of requirements with correct linkage of functional/non-functional requirements and test documents
- Conduct ‘show and tell’ sessions (sprint review) on selected CRs
- Strive to produce quality work with minimum supervision
- Self-learning, curiosity on business and technology
- Ability to work with a diverse set of individuals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Analytics, Financial Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics.
- Hands on experience in SQL, Python and data visualisation techniques and tools.
- Exposure to business intelligence/analytics will be an added advantage
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CIMA, CFA, CISI or any other qualification related to capital markets will be an added advantage
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise – and our purpose. You’ll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
London Stock Exchange Group | Closing Date: Apply Now