As the largest travel B Corp globally Intrepid creates positive change through the joy of travel by offering sustainable, experience-rich travel and providing the best travel experiences ever, for both the people and the planet
Travel to us is a force for good and we want to be the best travel company not just in the world, but for the world. So, let’s change the way we all see the world, together as now more than ever, the world needs Intrepid people.
It’s time to take your love of travel and put it to work.
As the Destination Product Manager you’ll be a location expert, skilled in sourcing, creating and working collaboratively to develop ‘wow’, unique sustainable, experience-rich travel product, inclusions and itineraries.
You will use ‘fresh thinking’ and an innovative approach to provide a market-ready range of products for clients and provide expertise to produce priced group series itineraries based on communicated customer and commercial requirements. an important part of the role will be ensuring itineraries and prospective suppliers adhere to safe practice guidelines and global H&S policies.
Some of the tasks you’ll support are:
- Sourcing Sustainable Experience Rich Travel, based on customer requirements
- Detailed itinerary planning and creation of Travel Studio NPMs for external brands,
- Assist with pricing, product refresh and new product introduction for group series itineraries (annual cycle or as per project guidelines)
- Check accuracy of documentation and materials
- Continuous product improvement
- Providing customer service to deal with customer feedback and complaints ensuring remedial action is then implemented
Some of the essentials you’ll have are:
- 5+ years experience in the tourism industry in a product, sales, commercial or operation capacity
- In-depth knowledge of regional trip operations, preferably of small group adventures
- Experience in the tourism industry, in a product/sales/commercial/operational capacity
- Experience in travel-related systems (SalesForce, Travel Studio, Elements etc.) & Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in working with DMC and tourism suppliers, including cost negotiation, is an advantage
- Understanding of how to create commercially viable sustainable, experience-rich travel experiences, from accommodation, transportation, activities and meal components
- A strong understanding of global sales trends in travel and customer expectations in destination
- Advanced communication skills and a proven ability to build rapport, listen well and adapt communication style as needed
You will be proactive in your work with strong commercial acumen, and excellent time management skills, a large part of what we do at Intrepid is working collaboratively, so you’ll excel in creating strong working relationships and share Intrepid’s core values of integrity, innovation, fun, passion, growth, and responsibility.
What it’s like to work for Intrepid:
With over 70 nationalities working with us and a commitment to breaking down barriers, Intrepid supports a culture where people can be themselves. Our team reflects the diversity of our customers and communities we visit, and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including LGBTQI+ people, people living with a disability, people from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, and people from different ethnicities, races, and religions.
Our employees globally are entitled to:
- Flexible work options, whether you want to work from home or the office, we have a range of options to suit!
- Experience Intrepid with a free trip every year, travel discounts and 5 days additional leave to help you do this
- Professional development, E-learning, and career progression – We love to see our people succeed
- Employee Assistance Program: A 24/7 service that offers counselling for you and your family
- 20 hours of volunteer leave to make a difference towards causes that are important to you
This is a full-time position based in Colombo, At Intrepid we know for travel to return in its entirety, vaccine equity is important for the communities we visit and keeping our travellers safe. We lead by example by ensuring a safe workplace and proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required for when you wish to work from an Intrepid office. We do recognise some candidates may be unvaccinated or not want to disclose this information and that is ok too as we have the option to work remotely for the majority of our roles.
Applications close on the 18th of March 2022
If you exist to inspire, create, share and lead in what you do, then Intrepid Travel wants to hear from you, and we encourage you to not delay your application as we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may close advertising early if the right person is identified.
Intrepid Travel | Closing Date: 03/18/2022