Hayleys Business Solutions International (Pvt) Ltd is a fully owned subsidiary of Hayleys PLC representing the Business Process Management (BPM) and Shared Services Sector of Hayleys, focusing on Finance & Accounting, Corporate and Private Tax, Software Engineering, Digital Services, Payroll Support and Business Process Consultancy Services. The Company is an accredited training provider for CIMA, ACCA and Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (CASL).
Trainee Associate – Imports
We seek a young dynamic individual for preparing/handling import documentation related to banking processes of several companies.
- Processing/ handling of import related documentation such as Opening LCs, Tender Bonds, Shipping Guarantees, value declarations & telegraphic transfers while ensuring accuracy, completeness and timeliness
- Forward exchange booking/spot rates for bill payments through group treasury Dept.
- Providing DA bills settlement instructions to banks on timely basis
- Submitting import CusDecs to banks and Submission of required documents for local LCs
- Obtaining import loans based on the requirement & settlement of loan
- Obtaining Bank guarantees / Bonds and extensions for tenders
- Liaising with clearing agents, banks, courier companies while coordinating with business sector/s
- Recording import related accounting transactions in the SAP System
- Providing timely & accurate Management Information.
- Checking and verifying details and to focus on continuous improvement of quality.
- Following the standards and procedures conforming to the guidelines and clients’ requirements.
- Maintaining records and registers as per the standard operating procedures.
- Planning and organizing work methodically according to the priorities and deadlines.
- Previous work experience is not required
- A passion for developing a career in Imports/Finance
- Certificate in Import Export Documentation / Diploma and / or Part qualifications in CIMA, ICASL, CMA or AAT
- A team player with a positive attitude and a good command of the English language.
- Competent in MS Office Package, specially MS Excel & MS Word
- Ability to learn quickly and work with minimum supervision
- A dynamic, self-starter with a keen eye for detail and a focus on continuous improvement
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this challenging role, please click Apply Now. The closing date for applications will be 9th October 2022. Only the short-listed applicants will be called for an interview. Influencing will not have any bearing on the selection process, which is merit based. Hayleys is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 2022.10.09