Sri Lanka Shipping possesses over 60 years of experience in the Shipping & Maritime sector, offering a full range of maritime services such as chartering of vessels for towage, salvage & other maritime related activities, ship agency, cement carrier operations, sea piracy vessels protection & offshore, stevedoring, customs house agents, clearing & forwarding, container & cargo surveys, heavy lift haulage and bagging of bulk fertilizer. Sri Lanka Shipping is a marine assets heavy company comprising of tug boats, a cement carrier, a tanker, special service / cargo utility vessels and motor launches.
- Manage the recruitment process when a need arises by following the recruitment process laid down, develop sourcing strategies, involve in the preparation of advertisements, short listing CVs and calling for interviews.
- Ensure new recruits are oriented to the organization by exposing them to the Company and thereby enlightening employees about the Group and its activities.
- Supervise the smooth functioning of the staff database by carrying out weekly audits, checking for all updates (recruitments, resignations, transfers, promotions).
- Acts as a single point of contact for the employees and managers and build a strong business relationship with the internal client.
- Ensure necessary training for staff are provided by identifying the required training need along with department heads, organizing relevant training programmes in coordination with Group HR.
- Prepare reports and presentations on company HR climate by gathering and analyzing relevant data.
- Ensure all legal requirements are met with regards to subcontracted workers, by coordinating and maintaining proper records of such workers and building strong relationships with manpower suppliers.
- Manage the PMS of the company in coordination with group HR.
- Handle all other areas for the assigned unit such as grievances, disciplinary issues, engagement activities, opinion surveys, off boarding process, etc.
- Handle labour related legal matters and labour inquiries etc with the support of Centre HR and Legal teams.
- Perform additional duties commensurate with the current role, as and when requested by management.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE / TRAINING / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR POSITION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources approved by UGC or Equivalent professional qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good communication skills in both English and Sinhala.
- Energetic and Outgoing personality.
Closing Date: 2022.07.15