Hayleys Group is ranked amongst Sri Lanka’s largest, and most respected diversified conglomerates with a turnover in excess of USD 1 Billion. To explore the World of Hayleys, visit us at: www.hayleys.com
Alumex PLC, a subsidiary of Hayleys PLC, is a fully integrated manufacturer of Aluminum profiles in Sri Lanka since 1988, situated at Lindel Industrial Estate, at Sapugaskanda, Makola. Alumex develops and manufactures Aluminum extrusions for an extensive range of applications. Alumex enjoys clear market leadership based on its superior range of products unmatched by the competition. It is a licensed manufacturer of Aluminum Profiles for Global brands and is ISO 9001: 2015 and SLSI certified. Alumex is a fast-growing business corporate in the construction industry in Sri Lanka and is planning to expand its operations in the South Asian Region whilst increasing its export market presence. Applications are called from suitable candidates to fill the following vacancy at our manufacturing facility at Sapugaskanda, Makola.
Assistant Manager – Human Resources
Job Summary: Develop and implement HR plans, policies, and procedures in line with corporate HR strategy in order to support the achievement of overall business objectives. To act in the best interest of the company, and workforce, negotiating to resolve issues where they arise. Ensure that HR Strategic plan activities have been met in relation to assigned areas.
The main job functions of this position will include,
- Manage recruitment process within the due time frame agreed by the management through effective & efficient onboarding strategies
- Manage Annual Performance Management and Probation Management process of Executive and Staff grade employees.
- Establish and maintain competency plans and assessments for all grades of employees using a formal talent management process for identifying top talents and talent gaps and developing plans for talent development.
- Actively support to create and upgrade the HR landscape to enhance employee engagement, motivation, and service level enhancements with rewarding culture to bring a competitive advantage to enhance the employee life cycle.
- Ensure legal compliance and manage IR/ER matters & Disciplinary Management process effectively.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to internal customers at all levels in the business on HR issues in order to ensure that HR policies and procedures are properly applied.
We seek a dedicated, result-oriented young individual with the highest level of leadership, commitment, communication skills, and sound personal attributes for the aforementioned position. The candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree specialized in Human Resources Management or Chartered / Professional level qualification in HRM from CIPM. MBA will be an added qualification.
- Minimum 8 years post qualified executive grade working experience in handling similar responsibilities in a manufacturing environment.
- Conversant in industrial labour laws and practice ad modern HR Strategies.
- Sound knowledge of HRIS, HR processes, and Talent engagement.
- Dependable Management and Leadership Qualities.
- Excellent command of English and Sinhala languages in communications.
The remuneration package for the above position is very competitive and the rewards are performance-driven. If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this challenging role, please click on Apply Now or please apply within 7 days of this publication by email to [email protected] or by post to Group Manager – HR and Admin, Alumex PLC, Pattiwila Road, Sapugaskanda, Makola indicating the position applied for on the subject line of the email or on the top left corner of the envelope.
Influencing will not have any bearing on the selection process, which is merit-based. Hayleys is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: 05/20/2022