A centerpiece of the Sri Lankan economy, the Hayleys Group is amongst Sri Lanka’s largest and most respected diversified conglomerates. Accounting for USD 600 million of the country’s foreign earnings and 4.2% of the nation’s total export income, Hayleys is a champion of sustainable innovation and represents one of Sri Lanka’s most prominent success stories. Explore the World of Hayleys at: www.hayleys.com.
ASSISTANT MANAGER – GROUP TAX
- Computation of Group ETR on an annual basis and plotting of the same against historical Group ETR.
- Forecasting the future projected tax liabilities for the group.
- Point of contact with the Group and external consultants for all operational level tax matters.
- Liaise with tax authorities and provide tax audit support for the Group.
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support on all operational level tax matters.
- Review all related party and external party agreements that Hayleys’s entities enters into to ensure the same are aligned from a tax and transfer pricing perspective.
- Review and fill in where required all FATCA and CRS forms that Hayleys’s entities submit in line with the strategic policy for the same established by Head – Group Tax.
- Working with consultants and Head – Group Tax to finalize the Master File and CbCR documents.
- Working with the Sector to finalize all related party transaction information required and reviewing of the same for every transaction category at a transaction level (Filtering transactions not applicable) to facilitate filling in of the annual Transfer Pricing Disclosure Form (“TPDF”) for all applicable Hayleys entities – Substantial annual exercise.
- Conducting bi-annual transfer pricing monitoring for the Group and presentation of results to Head – Group Tax.
- Work with the Sectors in setting up inter-company agreements for all related party transactions.
- Conducts periodic tax health checks at a sector level and presents findings to Head – Group Tax.
- Working with Group Corporate Affairs Unit team to integrate tax accounting and reporting processes with the wider financial reporting processes.
- Link tax reporting system to group ERP / consolidation system.
- Conducting the annual review of income tax computations of all Group entities and presentation of findings from same to Head – Group Tax.
- Work very closely with the Sectors and the IRD at a ground level to process and finalize all pending VAT refunds to the Hayleys Group.
- Assist the Head of Group Tax with Group level projects and initiatives when scope of project requires the same.
- Working at ensuring a consistent approach to all direct and indirect taxes across the Group from an operational ground level.
- Working with each sector to facilitate tax registrations, tax clearances and applications for tax relief/incentive schemes.
- Looking at optimizing/maximizing of deductible amounts in income tax computations by getting involved in accounting/categorizing of transactions from ground up.
- Qualified/Final stage in ICASL/ CIMA or ACCA.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the field of Taxation. Accountancy firm experience is a must.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to work independently and multitask.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken) are a must.
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this challenging role, please click on the flyer to Apply Now. The closing date for applications will be 25th July 2022. Only the short-listed applicants will be called for an interview. Influencing will not have any bearing on the selection process, which is merit based.
Closing Date: 2022.07.25