Mackinnons Travels (Pvt.) Limited was established in 1971 and gained International Air Transport Association (IATA) status in 1976. The company is a subsidiary of one of the largest conglomerates in Sri Lanka, the John Keells Group. MTL provides its customers with outbound travel related services which includes issuing of air tickets, hotel reservations, holiday packages, assistance in visa formalities to name a few.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly & quarterly financial statements and board papers.
- Possess sufficient awareness of market conditions, competitors, economy and global trends, to assist in the preparation of suitable financial models to ensure the company achieve its plans.
- Dealing with External / Internal Auditors and resolving audit issues, completion of year-end audit with a clean audit opinion.
- Oversee the preparation of tax computation, quarterly tax payments and filing of annual tax returns on due dates and monitoring compliance of the same to ensure requirements of tax law are met while optimizing tax benefits.
- Providing financial input in resolving daily operational issues, recommending and implementing process improvements / internal controls to further enhance operational efficiencies.
- Developing and motivating staff. Follow up on training, set objectives, providing feedback, ensure compliance with the group finance policies and procedures.
- Interact with banks & other external parties, negotiate interest rates, forex contracts, exchange rates, bank facilities, etc.
- Ensure the availability of management information on the performance of the Company.
- Have the ability to operate beyond the “finance function” and be proactively involved in operational aspects of the Company.
- Lead supplier negotiations, review supplier and customer contract reviews, compliance with regulatory requirements for the Company
- Member of a recognized accounting body, preferably ICASL/CIMA/ACCA.
- Minimum experience of 3 – 4 years’ experience in a similar capacity with experience in handling audits, etc. Prior experience with a firm of Chartered Accountants would be preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial principles.
- Language proficiency – Both English & Sinhalese.
- Excellent knowledge on MS Office
- Knowledge of SAP would be an added advantage.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply before the 01/03/2022
Mackinnons Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Mackinnons Travels (Pvt) Ltd | Closing Date: 03/01/2022