The main responsibilities of this role will be preparing, developing and analysing financial information of the London Stock Exchange Group. The role focuses on core accounting skills and collaborating with the other business divisions in order to support the whole organisation. The selected candidate for this role will be responsible in achieving organisational objectives for the function and KPI’s and will be reporting to the Associate Manager – Financial Reporting and Control.
The selected candidate will have ownership for:
- Preform accounting transactions in the general ledger and sub-ledgers, including collecting, recording and verifying financial data.
- Preparation of month-end accounts closing and review processes to ensure accuracy of P&L and Balance Sheet, and adherence to all group reporting deadlines.
- Ownership of journal posting, reconciliations and intercompany recharges.
- Perform Hyperion Financial Management Consolidation and Reporting.
- Support Management Reporting processes including analysis and management information reports.
- Adherence to internal controls as per group policies and the financial control framework.
- Work collaboratively in identification and support of continuous improvement activities.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Perusing a Finance degree/professional qualification (CIMA/ACCA) at intermediary level.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years accounting experience.
- Strong track record in:
- Processing core accounting transactions and consolidations to ensure balances are correctly reflected in the general ledger
- Financial control process including account reconciliations and substantiations
- Preparing and reporting accurate statutory reporting outputs
- Analysis, productions and delivery of reporting packs / schedules to represent financial performance
- Hands on experience in Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management systems preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages. Specially in Excel.
- Excellent communication skills in oral & written English.
- Be a lead proponent in driving a collaborative culture to working across finance.
- Adaptable to working in a fast changing environment to meet business priorities and deadlines.
- Strong process orientation, with ability to design robust reporting frameworks.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with global colleagues.
- Maximise opportunities; i.e. challenge ways of working, adopt Group practices, seek and provide information and clarification.
- Utilise all available resources and toolsets to investigate and resolve problems, to ensure the most appropriate solution is identified.
- Accuracy and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to work according to UK work hours.
To apply, visit www.lseg.com/careers
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise – and our purpose. You’ll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.